Metering Engineer - VR/25646
Currently recruiting for an experienced Metering Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a leading engineering and maintenance provider based in Aberdeen. The company currently offer up one day per week of home / remote working and there will be a requirement to travel offshore on occasion - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Metering Engineer will provide technical and logistical support to Offshore Metering Technicians on offshore assets, to ensure metering systems are maintained in accordance with regulatory and client expectations.
The Metering Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring client safety rules and behaviours are adhered to and are applied to all scopes of work.
- Ensuring the compliance and continual operation of all fiscal, allocation and environmental measurement, sampling and analysis systems with legal and/or contractual implications.
- Completing mismeasurements to account for any measurement integrity, or problems with measurement devices.
- Creating dispensations and deviations, where required, for the approval of relevant pipeline or government regulatory authorities.
- Performing data validation on reported and process data daily, to minimise erroneous or incorrect reporting / measurement.
- Developing and implementing maintenance schedules whilst actively working with asset personnel to ensure the efficient and progressive execution of all work.
- Reviewing and coordinating metering spares and materials with the primary aim of rationalisation and optimisation.
- Coordinating and managing for the return of all certified and applicable test equipment used in any capacity by the Offshore Measurement Technicians.
- Managing onshore re-certification for primary and secondary equipment, as per agreed re-certification schedules (i.e. densitometers, orifice plates, coriolis meters).
- Witnessing fiscal metering calibrations, as requested by the client, offshore and at certified calibration facilities.
- Managing backup equipment and ensuring availability in conjunction with operational requirements.
- Organising and planning all third-party vendor visits in alignment with the client’s planning processes (i.e. Audits, Prover Calibrations, Service Engineers).
- Mobilising offshore, as required, to accompany third party vendors.
- Providing effective recommendations for the progression of audit point closures.
- Providing recommendations for the improvement of maintenance routines, schedules and procedures for increased operational execution. Best practices to be reviewed and applied.
- Following and executing minor projects via the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Technical review of project documentation in relation to new or upgraded measurement, sampling or analytical systems.
- Attendance at FAT / SAT’s for new or upgraded measurement systems.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Metering Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- A proven track record of working with liquid and gas flow measurement systems is essential.
- Experience in the preparation and development of metering system documentation (i.e. Statement of Requirements and Function Design Specifications) is essential.
- Maximo experience would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess sound working knowledge of relevant standards and codes of practice, such as ISO, AGA, API, BS and OGA.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team