Mobility UX / UI Engineer - VR/24651
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North East to source a Mobility UX/UI Engineer on a permanent basis. With strong experience of COE / Mobility and / or UX / UI business development environment including support / maintenance in the energy sector or equivalent, the right candidate for this post will also have ITIL knowledge and understanding.
Purpose of Role:
- The Mobility / UX / UI Engineer is responsible for the provision and support of the mobility / UX / UI services.
- The role works with the business and IS business analysts to identify requirements, determine solutions, and ensure said solutions are fit for purpose, supportable and satisfy desired business outcomes within a Centre of Excellence ensuring re-use, best practice, and optimisation through the COE ways of working.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level:
- Designs, develops, and supports Mobility and / or UX / UI business solutions.
- Works directly with the business and IS business analysts to understand business requirements to provide time assessments and create technical designs.
- Writes and develops code to extend basic functionality as required.
- Creates and updates documentation for ongoing support of the Mobility and / or UX / UI solutions.
- Researches and recommends solutions that best meet the business needs and operational requirements.
- Unit tests solutions in preparation for user acceptance testing.
- Works with third party vendors to ensure services are developed, enhanced, and supported.
- Works effectively with the product function supporting the Mobility/UX/UI Supervisor, and works closely with application support, projects, and third parties.
- Ensures that all processes, procedures, and work instructions are clearly followed to help improve reliability, efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness of service components under supervision, for example ITIL problem and change processes.
- Ensures re-usable, repeatable, standardised, and measurable processes are developed and enhanced.
- Accountable for compliance with all Harbour IS related processes, policies, and work practices.
- Supports the development of future planning and COE roadmap activity.
- Provides technical support for changes, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Works with minimal supervision, using clearly defined processes and procedures.
- Facilitates the use of the performance metrics to improve output.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience, etc.:
- Excellent analytical, collaborative (team working) with planning and execution skills.
- Strong Industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Experience of developing and implementing process improvements.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Ability to deliver to governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Strong third-party relationship skills, able to work closely with multi sourcing and vendor managers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical audiences.
- Strong experience of COE / Mobility and / or UX / UI business development environment including support / maintenance in the oil and gas sector or equivalent.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- ITIL knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team