Multi-Modal Freight Forwarder - VR/23544
Join a reputable name in freight forwarding for the oil and gas industry, with a track record of success spanning 25 years. This organisation is going through a period of growth and is looking to add an experienced, multi-modal operator to their team.
Reporting to the Freight Forwarding and Customs Manager, your role will entail a mixture of day-to-day file management, interactions with the operations team and undertaking customs compliance checks, as well as mentoring and training other operational staff where required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing and completing live job files for clients, ensuring clients are kept fully up to date with progress.
- Preparing and processing various quotations to cover all types of multi-modal shipments (imports, exports, domestic movements etc.)
- Processing customs entries directly in the HMRC CHIEF system.
- Managing the organisations of domestic collections and deliveries (via Road, Sea & Air
- Customs Control Checks of documentation.
- Data inputting, creating and updating reports on spreadsheets, uploading of documentation and customs entries.
- Completing sales invoicing collation and monthly bulk invoicing.
- Interacting with clients and their suppliers.
- Supporting Freight Forwarding and Customer Manager with file, quality and compliance checks.
Applicants to this role should offer previous experience in a similar role. You’ll need to be fully multi-modal and comfortable with imports and exports by air, land and sea. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
This role will involve participating in an on-call rota.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team