Multi-Modal Freight Forwarder - VR/28328
An exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business in oil and gas freight forwarding as a Multi-Modal Freight Forwarder.
As a Multi-Modal Freight Forwarder you will be responsible for arranging shipments via air, courier, land, and sea for both small and large shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Running and holding clients live job files, and keeping clients updated on movement status.
- Preparing and processing quotations for all types of multi-modal shipments, including imports, exports, and domestic movements.
- Preparing and processing HMRC declarations accurately via both the CDS and CHIEF systems.
- Managing and completing the organisation of import collections and export deliveries.
- Managing and completing the organisation of domestic/UK collections and deliveries – usually by road.
- Preparing quotations and budget pricing for various clients, over all types of multi-modal transportation modes – imports, exports, and occasionally UK domestic transportation.
- Customs Control Checks of documentation – checking of manifests for status or any errors.
- Supporting the Freight Forwarding and Customs Manager with MSS reviews, Bill of Discharge reviews etc.
- Data inputting, creating, and updating reports on various spreadsheet formats, plus uploading of documentation and customs entries.
- Completing sales invoicing collation and processing for single files and assisting on input for monthly bulk invoicing.
- Assisting in the mentoring and training of other freight and customs operational staff in certain functions/elements.
- Supporting the businesses Freight Forwarding and Customs Manager with file, quality, compliance and AEO checks.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Significant experience in a similar role and preparing and processing HMRC declaration.
- Experience as a multi-modal Freight Forwarder.
- High attention to detail and working to certain timelines and deadlines.
- Experience of completing all job file administration in a professional and timely manner from opening a job file to issuing the final sales invoice against the file.
- Requires an extremely high attention to detail, positive attitude and mindset, considerable interaction with clients (via email and telephone and occasionally in-person), suppliers/vendors, plus interaction with the businesses freight forwarding and customs team.
- Requires strong organisation and time management skills coupled with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in using the Multifreight operating system would be advantageous, however this is not essential.
Please note: The successful candidate is required to be part of an on-call rota.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team