Network Analyst - VR/22569
Experienced IT Network Analyst required for a 6-month contract role with a major oil and gas company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. The employer is ideally looking for someone who can start as soon as possible and will only consider PAYE contractors for this role. Depending on circumstances, there may be a requirement for the successful candidate to mobilise offshore should it not be possible to resolve an issue remotely.
The role holder will work alongside other IT staff to support the operational needs of the business while having responsibility for the support of the network and voice infrastructure at the various data centres, computer rooms and sites across their onshore and offshore assets. Knowledge of Cisco LAN/WAN, VoIP/CUCM and Wifi solutions is essential and any relevant qualifications would be advantageous.
Working as part of an integrated IT Support Team, this position will be responsible for the support of the regions Network and voice infrastructure at the various Data Centres, computer rooms and sites
across our onshore and offshore assets, in addition will also alongside other regional IT staff supporting the operational needs of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Position will work with both local and corporate IT Teams to maintain maximum uptime for Network LAN/WAN/VoIP infrastructure, communication circuits, links and services to meet the regional 365-day operational needs.
- Proactive day to day management and monitoring of the local / wide area networks and voice infrastructure through existing management tools. Experience in SolarWinds preferred.
- System upgrades, security and IOS Patching across all Network / Voice infrastructure. Also includes system recovery and back-up mgmt.
- Troubleshooting issues and problems that impact the region’s voice, data and security infrastructure and services to resolution.
- Creation and ongoing updates of Network site documentation in relation to the region’s equipment and services.
- Adhering to global processes, policies and standards in all aspects of role and responsibilities.
- Collaborating with local and corporate IT groups to deliver projects and new initiatives to enhance and improve our IT Infrastructure, and service offerings.
- Rotation out of hours support to provide support for urgent issues needs and regional operational requirements.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Cisco Certified qualifications are preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of Cisco LAN/WAN, VoIP/CUCM and WIFI solutions/Infrastructure is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Oil & Gas Network Engineer role is advantageous.
- Experience with the implementation and day to day support of Firewalls, WAN Optimisation, Network filtering/monitoring solutions is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SNMP, Netflow, IP SLA and other management protocols.
- Working offshore will form part of this role, and training to enable this would be provided.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team