OT Infrastructure Platform Engineer - VR/25291
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North East to source an OT Infrastructure Platform Engineer on a permanent basis. This position will be responsible for building, maintaining, and administering the day-to-day operations of the company’s OT infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a proven track record and experience of working with OT services for production oil and gas environments with a significant understanding of HSES and Asset Integrity practices.
Purpose of Role
- The Operational Technology (OT) Infrastructure Platform Engineer will be responsible for building, maintaining, and administering the day-to-day operations of the company’s OT infrastructure, including responsibility for change and run elements of the server and storage environment.
- The role will help troubleshoot and triage any problems that arise in OT infrastructure covering Servers, Storage and Backup elements and support disaster recovery operations and security remediation and hardening.
- The role should identify improvements to the efficiency and safety of the environment.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Maintaining and administering OT Infrastructure, including patch management, software and firmware upgrades, application software and configuration appropriate to the day-to-day operations of the OT Infrastructure environment.
- Performing and checking data backups and support disaster recovery operations.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software and OS issues and system problems.
- Replacing faulty infrastructure hardware components as required.
- Monitoring server performance and hardware to ensure optimal service is delivered to support production operations.
- Implementing and remediating identified security hardening and live vulnerability across the OT infrastructure in a timely manner to ensure company security.
- Supporting the OT Operations Supervisor with development of new requirements for the OT Infrastructure.
- Creating and maintaining documentation, including design and configuration and operating manuals.
- Ensuring OT equipment is deployed and configured in alignment with regulatory and security best practices and requirements.
- Liaising with vendors as required to facilitate operations.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, collaborative (team working) with planning and execution skills.
- Strong industry, domain-specific knowledge of the operational technology systems and consumers of the service within the business.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Proven track record and experience of working with OT services for production oil and gas environments with a significant understanding of HSES and Asset Integrity practices, including managing and impacting change to these environments.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Experience and involvement in internal or external audits in accordance with relevant regulatory standards.
- Experience of working in offshore and live plant environments is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Safety Critical System architecture principles, industry best practice and operating secure systems and processes.
- Accountable for compliance with all related processes, policies and work practices.
- Knowledge of information security best practices.
- Strong experience of managing servers, storage and backup services.
- Support the development of future planning and product roadmap activity.
INDIT TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team