Operational Security Engineer – VR/24983
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North East to source an Operational Security Engineer on a permanent basis. This position will be responsible for day-to-day administration of cyber security tools and services. The successful candidate will also conduct log-based and end-point threat hunting to identify threats and provide advice on the best steps to take on these threats.
Purpose of Role
- The Operational Security Engineer is responsible for a broad range of cyber security operational tasks, including day-to-day administration of cyber security tools and services, as well as first- and second-level support for any alerts arising from the security information and event management service (SIEM)
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Conducting detailed analysis and triage using the companies cyber security services and tools.
- Conducting log-based and endpoint-based threat hunting to identify threats and providing advice on the expected remediation steps.
- Correlating activity across assets (endpoint, network, apps) and environments (on-premises, cloud) to identify patterns of anomalous activity and applying appropriate safeguards.
- Reviewing alerts and data from sensors, and where applicable, documents formal, technical incident reports.
- Providing relevant parties with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary.
- Working with Operational Security Supervisor and wider Security Team to refine the cyber security services and tools, ensuring that all services remain up to date.
- Researching emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of incidents.
- Providing the business with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary.
- Ensuring that all IS services have the appropriate cyber security core services applied before they move to production.
- Working with minimal supervision, using clearly defined processes and procedures.
- Facilitating the use of the performance metrics to improve output.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, collaborative (team working) with planning and execution skills.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with the wider IS Team ensuring the companies applications, infrastructure and data are secure.
- Experience of IS Operational security support (including own and cloud data centres) in the Oil and gas sector (preferred) or equivalent, previous experience of working with a diverse and multi-national vendor support model.
- Knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team