Operational Security Supervisor – VR/24982
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North East to source an Operational Security Engineer on a permanent basis. This position will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled individuals to ensure a stable and secure application and infrastructure portfolio. The right candidate will have experience in leading and mentoring and will have substantial experience of IS operational security in the oil and gas industry
Purpose of Role
- The Operational Security Supervisor focuses on the operational security for the business.
- This role leads a team of highly skilled individuals, using the company’s cyber security toolsets to ensure a stable and secure application and infrastructure portfolio.
- The role works closely with the Cyber Security team and the wider IS Teams and vendors to ensure the companies infrastructure and systems remains secure.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Ensuring appropriate IS Security tools is fully deployed and operational across the whole estate.
- Ensuring all agreed and defined KPIs are met and reporting to the wider IS Team, including the Cyber Security Team.
- Ensuring appropriate response to issues found by anomaly detection solution i.e., DarkTrace, Splunk, CrowdStrike, Penetration Testing, and Red and Blue threat hunting.
- Ensuring the adoption of, and commitment towards, service improvements.
- Developing staff through coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Ensuring audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are continually reviewed and comply with policies and audit requirements.
- Ensuring that all relevant system logs are fed into the Cyber Security SIEM capabilities and any alerts are actioned as per the SLA / KPI.
- Responsible for ensuring IS operational security capabilities achieve any regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc.
- Experience of leading and mentoring an Operational Security Team with a proven track record.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Strong communication skills, working with various teams across IS and in some cases the business to ensure security standards are met / adhered to.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work closely with the wider IS Team ensuring product lines, infrastructure and the company’s data are secure.
- Substantial experience of IS Operational security support (including own and cloud data centres) in the oil and gas sector or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans or behaviours.
- Previous experience of working with a diverse and multi-national vendor support model.
- CISSP, CRISC, ITIL qualification (foundation at a minimum or similar demonstrated experience).
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team