Principal Electrical Engineer - VR/27050
Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer on a contract basis for a leading international service provider to the energy industry based in central Aberdeen. It is an initial 6-month contract position, and this role will likely be offered on a Limited Company basis. Hybrid / remote working opportunities will be available.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing engineering input to estimates for project work scopes.
- Providing input to progress and planning meetings.
- Providing technical expertise to specify modifications to existing equipment or purchasing new equipment, including, but not limited to:
- HV/LV switchgear;
- HV/LV electrical drives;
- Variable speed drives and thyristor controls;
- UPS systems;
- Power generation and distribution;
- Power system studies and electrical protection; and
- Other associated electrical equipment within the oil and gas industry.
- Providing technical expertise to the resolution of technical queries, ensuring that all design changes are captured by the change control process.
- Conducting site surveys on offshore or onshore assets.
- Producing calculations required for the role and participate in design reviews.
- Checking and approving discipline documents; completing interdisciplinary checking of documents where necessary.
- Providing a level of technical support that satisfies the appropriate Asset Safety Case and the PFEER performance standards, ensuring they are not compromised by any discipline engineering activities.
- Approving dispensations to codes or standards.
- Producing discipline documentation deliverables for inclusion in work packs.
- Compliance with company engineering procedures, as well as industry, international and client codes and standards.
- Ensuring that all work complies with the Contract Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant electrical engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Principal Electrical Engineer type role, directly with an EPC Company within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team