Process Engineer - VR/28939
Currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a leading provider of services in the process, energy and high complexity industrial sectors. The successful candidate will work out of the St Fergus Gas Terminal in Aberdeenshire and hybrid working opportunities will also be available.
Working within the Operations Support team and reporting to the Operations Support Manager, the Process Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures.
- Applying net zero roadmap optimisations and activities.
- Identifying and implementing alarm management strategies.
- Being conversant with and ensure compliance to UK legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Leading defined activities, as delegated by the Operations Support Manager, in relation to the optimisation of SFGT and pipeline operations.
- Preparing and managing Class 2 Process studies and work scopes, as delegated by the Operations Support Manager.
- Preparing and issuing Statement of Requirement (SoR) documents to the technical support team, as delegated by the Operations Support Manager.
- Participating in studies and activities to support class 1 and 2 project lifecycles, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s, constructability reviews etc.
- Providing technical and operational input to the technical support team to assist in the progression and life cycle of defined class 1 and class 2 projects, as delegated by the Operations Support Manager.
- Awareness and application of Human Factors concepts within procedures and operations at the terminal.
- Identifying and applying opportunities to improve safety and environmental PSPIs.
- Supporting the Operations Support Manager in application of behavioural safety and process safety initiatives.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in chemical / process engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar Process Engineer type role within the energy / North Sea oil and gas sectors.
- Awareness of Major Accident Hazard (MAH) scenarios identified within the COMAH report.
- Experience in performing process calculations and reviews for front line process support.
- Data interpretation and analysis capabilities.
- Membership of IChemE.
- Track record in developing and implementing efficiency improvements, including but not limited to, the reduction of CO2 emissions and flaring.
- Proficiency in the use of HYSYS and process simulation packages.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team