Procurement Assistant - VR/22710
A 12-month contract opportunity for a Procurement Assistant to work for a reputable Oil & Gas Operator based in Aberdeen.
The Procurement Assistant will support the activities of the procurement function, ensuring the effective delivery of the team’s strategies and full compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issuing Purchase Orders in a timely fashion, ensuring Purchase Orders contain correct contract rates and refer to correct contract terms.
- Ensuring the purchasing process follows fully auditable trail, attaching all relevant documentation / correspondence to purchasing records in system.
- Assisting with data inputting activities.
- Assisting with invoice queries.
- Maintains good housekeeping of the system.
- Liaising with Contracts Specialist for orders over £100,000 to ensure relevant Purchase Orders are placed in accordance with agreed contracts.
- Ensuring all specific contract related issues are referred to the appropriate Contracts Specialist in a timely fashion.
- Liaising with all internal departments to ensure an efficient end-to-end process is in place for supply chain matters.
- Assists Contracts Manager, Contracts Lead and Procurement Supervisor when required.
Applicants to this role should offer previous experience in a similar role (Assistant Buyer) within the UK oil & gas industry, preferably within an Operator environment. You should have experience of procurement systems (SAP/Oracle/Maximo or similar) and excellent communication skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team