Procurement Manager - VR/22217
*EXCLUSIVE* - fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join an Aberdeen-based pharmaceuticals company and leader in their specialist field.
Reporting to the Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for Procurement / Supply Chain Management. Leading on the negotiation of vendor contracts to achieve advantageous commercial terms in compliance with legal and finance function requirements.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Vendor Managers to obtain full clarity of requirements and expectations.
- Managing the vendor selection process.
- Negotiating with vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Supporting vendor managers in performance tracking.
- Controlling spend, building a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Managing, training and supporting staff.
- Managing contracts and contracting process.
- Analysing and recommending cost and time efficiencies.
Applicants to this vacancy should offer a proven track record in procurement and experience in contract negotiation. Previous experience in Pharmaceuticals / Life Sciences / Bio Tech would be an advantage but is not essential, other industry experience (e.g. Oil and Gas) will also be considered.
You should be a strong negotiator and comfortable at networking. Organisational and problem-solving skills are essential, as are strong communication skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload. The ideal applicant will be commercially astute and capable of conducting detailed analyses.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team