Programme Manager - VR/26101
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious Oil and Gas Operators in the North East to source a Programme Manager on a permanent basis. With substantial experience of managing multiple projects as part of a larger technology enabled business programme, the right candidate for this role will have strong leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the programme objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with IS and business strategy.
Purpose of Role
- The Programme Manager supports Senior Manager – IS Portfolio in delivering and managing the entire life cycle of projects and initiatives to deliver against IS strategic objectives.
- The Programme Manager is responsible for a programme of projects & programme leadership, development, delivery, and management, and as such they will prioritise and coordinate project resources engaged on initiatives within the programme.
- The role will review programme delivery data and escalate to Senior Manager – IS Portfolio, ensuring optimised project delivery, and making the best possible use of all resources to deliver the maximum value and benefits from projects within the programme.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Provides manpower requirements for the projects within the programme to the Senior Manager – IS Portfolio in alignment with the IS roadmap for projects.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the programme project team and support development of resources through training and mentoring.
- Works with SD&A, IS Operations and IS Security to ensure design, development, and delivery of programme projects are aligned to the IS strategy.
- Applies the appropriate project delivery lifecycle, its structure, and processes to all projects within the programme.
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates the team’s activities to manage and implement multiple projects and insure integration of multiple scopes of work from initiation to final operational stage.
- Participates the annual budget review process with Product Leads to establish work schedule and budget for the following year.
- Manages the programme budget.
- Leads Project Managers and directs the project teams in determining business requirements and translating these requirements into a coherent schedule ensuring all milestones are met.
- Monitors defined project controls and reporting procedures related to the overall scope of work, ensuring that the delivery from the programme projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements.
- Conducts regular meetings of programme projects with IS and business stakeholders to inform them of any issues with the performance of individual projects within the programme. Confirms the use of resources and funding is on plan while highlighting variances.
- Directs status review meetings as defined in the IS operating model.
- Ensures resource planning and project tracking are evidenced through KPIs via the PMO for programme projects.
- Creates communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged amongst key stakeholders and project sponsors and meets with stakeholders and sponsors as required to provide status updates and review risks and issues.
- Advises Senior Manager – IS Portfolio on Project Management capability and risk.
- Maintains awareness on emerging technologies and Project Management techniques.
- Works with colleagues in International Business Units (IBUs) to ensure governance, standards and compliance is aligned, and supports international IS functions where required.
- Occasional travel to other locations may be required.
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Substantial experience of managing multiple projects as part of a larger technology enabled business programme.
- Experience of managing large technology teams in a cross functional organisation.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the programme objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with IS and business strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and “sell” the programme goals and objectives to the stakeholders and to technical leadership.
- Strong business acumen, including industry and domain-specific knowledge of the organisation and its business units. Familiarity with industry trends and innovation, and how other organisations are using them to drive digital business.
- Conflict resolution, influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- Strong project planning and execution skills.
- Ability to develop projects and deliver them against financial and resource constraints.
- Proven track record with the use of reporting tools to monitor programme activities and analyse programme performance.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles including Waterfall and Agile.
- Qualifications in one of the following project delivery methodology or frameworks and experience of others, such as: PMI standards; PMP; PRINCE2; Agile; and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team