Project Design Engineer - VR/23284
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas Service company based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire. The company is open to offering a hybrid working arrangement - therefore, some remote / home working will likely be possible, in addition to office-based work.
This role would suit an experienced and mechanically biased Project Design Engineer who has experience of working in an oil and gas service company type environment. Previous project / design engineering experience with helifuels and offshore modules would be highly desirable. The post holder should be comfortable with liaising / interfacing with clients.
The Project Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing processes and procedures for the day to day operations of the Projects Department and ensure they are correct, and in accordance with company polices and procedures.
- Providing engineering expertise, advice and support to internal and external customers.
- Preparation of estimates and quotations, individually, and in connection with other departments where engineering input is required.
- Developing a strong understanding of CAP 437 and the aviation fuel industry (ASME VIII, PD 5500, PED, CE hallmark requirements and other projects related standards).
- Chairing project kick-off, design review, clarification and other projects meetings. Checking and approving meeting minutes and pre / post meeting reports.
- Developing project objectives and specifications by reviewing project proposals and plans, component designs and client specifications.
- Developing and maintaining project plans and schedules with realistic timescales, using component lead time and critical path analysis, as well as resource planning. Determining responsibilities and delegate tasks.
- Communicating with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Preparing commercial and technical offers in response to requests for quotation.
- Using Mathcad and Matlab / Octave for engineering calculations.
- Operating CAD workstation and develop proficiency in 2D and 3D model design, technical drawings and presentation. Developing proficiency in detailing of technical drawings to recognised engineering standards.
- Participating in the development of engineering analysis; stress analysis, cause and effect (FMEA) and other simulations.
- Controlling project costs by approving expenditures, scheduling equipment / component deliveries and liaising closely with the Financial Controller.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a mechanically biased Project / Design Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Design Engineer type role, within an oil and gas service company type environment, is essential.
- Experience with fluid mechanic and hydraulic calculations is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be comfortable with client liaison.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with fluid mechanics, generators, pipework, pumps and motors.
- Previous experience with heli-fuels and offshore modules would be highly desirable.
- Mechanical / structural design experience would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess AutoCAD and 3D modelling experience.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience with mathematical software (Mathcad / Matlab etc.).
- Knowledge of Navision / Q-Pulse would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team