Project Engineer (Electrical) - VR/22995
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer (Electrical) on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea and Offshore company based in Livingston, West Lothian. Although the successful candidate will mainly work remotely, initially, there will be a requirement to work in the Livingston office - at present, this is typically 3-4 days per fortnight. However, as Covid-19 restrictions are further eased, more office-based working will be required.
Offshore trips will be a part of this role, and although it will be dependent on what projects the successful candidate is assigned to, the post holder will typically work between 80 and 120 days offshore per year, broken up into multiple trips. Therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
This role would suit an experienced Project Engineer who possesses a strong technical electrical background and who has experience of working within an offshore organisation. The Project Engineer (Electrical) will oversee the various stages of development for projects, and will be expected to prepare procedures and complete reports to ensure the progression and efficiency of each project. Generally, the team of Project Engineers will get involved at every level of the project, from proposals through to operations.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Project Engineer (Electrical) will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the technical set-up and operation of each project.
- Assisting in the preparation of the construction & environmental method statements, and other documentation, as required.
- Preparing technical specifications, calculations and designs for CAD documentation.
- Evaluating, organising and prioritising work within the overall project schedule and client requirements.
- Project managing and leading Discipline Engineers, as and when required.
- Attending and chairing project meetings.
- Managing the mechanisms for progress monitoring and reporting against project plan. Implementing corrective action, as and when variations from plans occur.
- Taking responsibility for client liaison and account management of projects.
- Advising on electrical installations for projects.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering, or another relevant discipline, is essential.
- Current / valid offshore certification is preferred.
- Previous experience of working in an offshore organisation is essential.
- Previous and recent experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within an offshore organisation, is essential.
- Previous project engineering experience, within an electrical engineering environment, would be highly desirable.
- Experience in electrical & controls, as well as experience of leading electrical design and providing guidance on electrical & controls and troubleshooting issues, is essential.
- Experience of working with motors and variable speed drives in an industrial setting is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to create, review and understand schematics, GA plans and project specifications.
- Experience of working with cementitious products, such as concrete pouring and pumping operations, would be preferred.
- Experience of running the financial side of a project - including the preparation of tenders, invoices and forecasting - would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team