Project Engineer - VR/23336
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Cove, Aberdeen.
This role would suit a Project Engineer who has experience in manufacturing environments, within the oil and gas industry, and who is in the early stages of their project engineering career.
The successful candidate will coordinate all activities required for the successful completion of all assigned customer orders. The post holder will liaise with Manufacturing on the actual production of equipment, whilst keeping the client updated and informed, as required.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing and taking ownership of projects, and their associated documentation - handed over from the Contracts Department.
- Ensuring that projects are run in accordance with the company’s health, safety and environmental policies.
- Issuing BOM and liaising with Procurement to ensure bought in parts arrive as required to meet the project deadlines.
- Scheduling projects to safely meet client and in-house deadlines. Monitoring progress and updating FLOW project management tool to meet project deadlines.
- Advising clients of any anticipated delays.
- Partaking in and witness product testing, and ensure timely notifications to clients to allow third party witnessing to be carried out, where applicable.
- Preparing and monitoring project budgets tracker to ensure projects meet or exceed their profit targets.
- Preparing commercial documentation and ensure that information is passed to Accounts to allow invoices to be issued on their due dates.
- Prepare all project documentation, including final product data book, in line with client requirements.
- Preparing close-out reports and provide feedback to the Contracts department on actual versus estimated costs.
- Providing progress reports for both clients and senior management, which adequately explain the position of all projects under the job holder’s ownership.
- Coordinating shipping or collection of client orders and ensure Proof of Export is obtained for company records.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- A manufacturing or engineering projects background is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar manufacturing-focused Project Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team