Project Engineer - VR/23392
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire. It will be a primarily office-based role.
This role would suit an experienced Project Engineer who has recent experience in a similar role, within a manufacturing / workshop / service company type environment within the oil and gas industry. Applicants will be expected to possess previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within the pipeline / process field.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the preparation of detailed quotations for project related enquiries, including the compilation of all relevant engineering, manufacturing and assembly / testing costs.
- Responsible for creating and managing project plans, budgets and contract milestones.
- Responsible for reporting on project progress, cost budgets and resources.
- Coordinating all technical documentation, which may be required for the bid submission – such as drawings and operational procedures.
- Participating in design / operational reviews associated with project deliverables.
- Chairing project kick-off meetings upon award of contract.
- Preparing field survey work packs and resources.
- Coordinating all technical documentation required for the project, including engineering drawings, test procedures, operational procedures and risk assessments.
- Attending client meetings and HAZOPs as required.
- Ensuring drawings and associated documents are received in a timely manner from Engineering to meet project delivery schedule.
- Ensuring purchase requisitions are raised for all manufacturing and assembly components, which are required for the project.
- Ensuring item requirement and manufacturing request forms are issued for all components associated with the project.
- Ensuring drawings are issued to Manufacturing department in a timely manner to meet key project dates.
- Writing all necessary in-house testing procedures relative to each project undertaken.
- Ensuring assembly and test request forms are raised and assembly and test work pack is issued to workshop.
- Coordinating visits by client or third party test inspection companies for the witnessing of testing activities.
- Leading project risk management activities.
- Writing operational procedures for offshore scope of supply.
- Following management of change process.
- Compiling mobilisation list and advise operations on deployment requirement for offshore personnel.
- Assisting with field deployment as required.
- Ensuring manufacturing record books are compiled, when required.
- Preparing close-out and revenue reports upon completion of project.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status, or membership of IMechE, would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within a manufacturing / workshop / service company type environment within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within the pipeline / process field, would be highly desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a sound engineering background with topside / subsea / process / pipeline experience.
- Applicants will be expected to have strong client liaison and financial awareness skills.
- Experience with Microsoft AX would be advantageous.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team