Project Engineer - VR/28976
Join a world-leading gas turbine maintenance, repair and overhaul company who are recruiting for a Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis. The role is based in Dyce, Aberdeen, however there is hybrid working available. Good technical knowledge of Aero derivative Gas Turbines would be preferred by not essential.
Good technical knowledge of Aero derivative Gas Turbines essential.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, as the Project Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing engines through the overhaul cycle.
- Translating contracts/orders into technical instruction.
- Interpreting inspection, investigation findings and test results etc.
- Responsible for the compilation of all Technical and Financial Reports, required in accordance with Contract and RWG procedures.
- Providing technical support to customers where required.
- Managing and maintaining fleet and customer statistics planning and organising.
- Providing regular status reports to each customer.
- Providing regular reports to management, for finance and material provisioning purposes.
- Agreeing schedules both internally to project, and with the customer representatives general.
- Encouraging and supporting all company driven lean and Six Sigma projects.
- Ensuring administration duties are carried out effectively and in a timely manner.
- Communicating effectively within the department and providing support and assistance to other staff/suppliers where appropriate.
- Undertaking other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensuring compliance with all company policies.
- Actively highlighting any improvement opportunity that may contribute to ensuring the safety of our people, improve quality standards and take care of the environment dimensions financial/budget accountabilities.
- Has both financial and budget responsibility to ensure work is carried out in accordance with contract and is delivered in line with sales and revenue targets.
- Agreeing work scopes and final quotation values with the customer.
- Compilating and submitting/presenting quotations, tender responses and sales initiatives ensuring they meet business and customers’ requirements.
- Ensuring invoices are submitted and paid on time.
- Ensuring company returns are maximised.
- Providing forecast of arisings for budgetary purposes, based on customer responsibilities.
- Implementation and management of high value contracts.
Core Competencies/Technical Requirements:
- Role requires a positive and constructive approach, with good communication and diplomacy skills to satisfy both internal and external customer demands.
- Managing time and workload to ensure that all contractual milestones are met.
- Working with the minimum of supervision.
- High level of integrity required, maintaining confidentiality of individual customers details.
- Position will entail travel to customer sites, which may be overseas.
- Providing corporate entertainment to customers visiting RWG.
- Providing 'accessibility' to the customer contact, at all reasonable times.
- Requires the application of additional 'out of hours' involvement to fulfil Project requirements.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements to ensure on--site safety of work colleagues and customers.
- Apprenticeship or Engineering qualification required.
- Good technical knowledge of Aero derivative Gas Turbines.
- Requires high level of Computer literacy.
- Good technical knowledge of Aero derivative Gas Turbines would be preferred.
- Mechanical technical bias – rotating equipment preferable but also open to:
- Gas turbines
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team