Project Manager - VR/27479
Join a leading oil and gas subsea service company as a Project Manager on a permanent staff basis at their office in Cove, Aberdeen.
As Project Manager, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking ownership and providing the drive, management and leadership to achieve successful execution and completion of assigned projects.
- Providing effective liaison with the: client; OSI Production and Test Teams; sub-contractors; and vendors for the duration of each project.
- Planning resources and tracking project costs throughout each project.
- Understanding contractual terms for each assigned project.
- Recognising where contract variations are applicable and ensuring the correct process is applied to ensure costs are fully recovered.
- Ensuring project invoices are raised at earliest opportunity and are in the correct format with required back-up.
- Reporting progress to clients and internal at agreed time periods.
- Ensuring the correct documentation of work are maintained and filed.
- Providing off-site representation to monitor quality, manufacturing and progress.
- Attending and participating in design review and progress meetings.
- Compiling and generating QA and certification documents.
- Preparing and checking reports.
- Overseeing effective documentation control.
- Closing out projects, including financial and “lessons learned” seminars.
- Overseeing after sales support of products delivered by the project.
- Negotiating with suppliers for the supply of goods and services.
- Preparing and checking of quotations for clients.
- Promoting and supporting sales by promoting the company’s range of products and services with each client during tender and execution phases.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in an engineering discipline with manufacturing industry experience or significant project experience preferably gained within the manufacturing or oil service industry in place of formal qualifications.
- The individual will have a significant track record of success as project manager by taking ownership and seeing projects to completion. Willing to take on supervisory roles, the incumbent will also be mentor to less experienced team members. In addition, the individual will have the drive and motivation to achieve results in challenging circumstances.
The individual shall possess the following qualities: -
- Professional in attitude and outlook to project management and engineering.
- Well organised and decisive with excellent communication skills with team members and colleagues at all levels within organisation and externally.
- Drive and motivation for improving project execution and the development of other team members.
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Has an inherent ‘right first time’ belief to enable the highest level of project management delivery.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team