Project Specialist (Freight Forwarder) - VR/21928
A leading name in the global freight forwarding industry has a new vacancy for a Project Specialist to join the team at their Aberdeen office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Freight Forwarder / Logistics professional.
As Project Specialist, your primary brief will be to provide integrated logistics solutions for customers specialising in the Projects / Oil & Gas sector.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and checking purchase order details from customer; providing exceptional customer service.
- Liaising / expediting with suppliers regarding goods readiness dates / terms of sale.
- Arranging collections and deliveries.
- Arrange packing of cargo as required.
- Requesting / receiving/checking export documents from suppliers.
- Consolidating cargo for export by all transport modes.
- Booking space with carriers.
- Completing export / import documentation.
- Maintaining / updating in house and external bespoke IT track and trace systems.
Applicants to this position should offer previous experience in a similar position, with extensive knowledge of international air / sea / road freight forwarding, as well as experience in UK customs formalities. You should be a strong team player, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team