Proposals Engineer - VR/27378
Proposal Engineer required to join our client, a global leader in the services they provide to the renewables, oil and gas and telecommunications markets. This is a full-time, permanent role, based in the Bridge of Don area of Aberdeen. A hybrid working arrangement is available.
As Proposals Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the coordination and preparation of proposals, acting as the primary point of contact and information source from receipt of enquiry until award of contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing a solution to address the complete enquiry; liaising with appropriate colleagues to ensure technical, HSE, contractual, etc. sections are fully reviewed and agreed.
- Arranging technical and commercial bid meetings as necessary.
- Clarifying technical requirements with clients.
- Completing all proposals in accordance with departmental process and fully aligned to client requirements.
- Preparing pricing and budget, including costing resources, verification of resource requirements and scheduling.
- Preparing technical and commercial qualifications and ensuring these are incorporated in proposal.
- Preparing/coordinating the physical elements of the proposal, ensuring this meets with client requirements or is suitably qualified.
- Issuing RFQs to subcontractors and analysis of their response as appropriate.
- Conducting handover briefing to project delivery team upon contract award and ensure effective transfer of key issues, contacts, and risks.
- Actively participating in lessons learned exercises and ensure applicable lessons are effectively incorporated into future proposals.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, preferably in Marine Engineering and Construction, in particular flexibles, flowlines, risers, umbilicals.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline or equivalent would be desired, candidates with a minimum of an HNC/HND will also be considered.
- Strong leadership and willingness to impart knowledge.
- Financial and contractual awareness coupled with sound commercial judgement.
- Process driven, have attention to detail and are well organised.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral.
What’s on offer?
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home in agreement with your manager and accordance with flexible working policy.
- 30 holidays per year based on a full-time employment + 4 fixed bank holidays (totalling 34 days).
- Rising to 34 days annual leave, plus 4 fixed bank holidays (totalling 38 days) after 5 years employment.
- Extensive career and training opportunities both nationally and internationally.
- Enhanced pension scheme.
- Single person private medical coverage.
- Enhanced family polices (maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental leave).
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team