QC Inspector (Mechanical / Dimensional / CNC) - VR/25798
The job entails providing support to the business for all quality assurance activities including the effective maintenance of company integrated management system (IMS). The job holder shall ensure that significant issues are appropriately investigated, ensuring lessons are identified and verified as part of internal audit arrangements and incorporated as best practice.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Jobholder
- Contributing to the development and implementation of quality and HSE objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining open lines of communication to ensure objectives are met and develop good working relationships.
- Using and complying with company systems, processes, and tools – challenge and improve management systems, processes, and tools.
- Actively promoting and encouraging continual improvement – seeking best practice and identifying improvements from within and externally.
- Identifying, developing, and executing programmes aimed at promoting QHSE performance within the business. Focusing on differentiators that will produce positive results.
- Encouraging collaboration and sharing across the organisation communicate information, seeking feedback and acting accordingly.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Promoting the continued development and improvement of the IMS and associated ways of working, systems, processes, and tools.
- Ensuring manufactured and procured products are inspected in a timely manner to verify conformance to specified requirements i.e., PO, drawing, specifications. ITPs including first article, in-process, and final inspections.
- Conducting line QC inspection of manufactured product provide feedback to Production Managers / Supervisors as appropriate.
- Promoting the effective and consistent capture of product and / or material non-conformance – providing information, instruction, and training.
- Liaising with client appointed inspection resources as appropriate.
- Identifying and accurately reporting detected product and / or material non-conformance ensure the disposition systems are used and updated.
- Ensuring non-conforming products and materials are clearly identified and segregated from unintended use.
- Ensuring that remedial actions to address reported products and materials non-conformities are verified prior inspection release and updating inspection status.
- Ensuring that product identification and traceability is maintained to support client / project requirements.
- Ensuring client / project product inspection requirements (ITPs) are implemented and understood. Regularly reviewing and updating ITP templates with projects.
- Maintaining effective inspection reporting systems and ensuring that records of inspection are clear and accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Regularly reviewing and agreeing inspection reporting requirements with projects and manufacturing agree and implement metrices to measure improvement.
- Ensuring inspection monitoring and measurement devices are calibrated and maintained – providing information, instruction, and training.
- Ensuring damaged, faulty, or defective equipment is segregated from unintended use. Arranging for repair / rework and recalibration where appropriate.
- Providing coaching, guidance, support, and training on inspection activities across the business.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a quality discipline as a QC Inspector with at least 1 of these years’ experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant industry technical codes and standards, e.g., BS EN 10204, NACE
- Knowledge and experience of using various monitoring and measuring devices and associated calibration requirements e.g., UKAS, certification requirements.
- Understanding of mechanical/ metallurgical principles, e.g., radiography, NDT/NDE.
- Practical application of management systems models, standards, and associated terminology e.g., ISO9001 or equivalent.
- Understanding of root cause analysis tools and techniques, e.g., PDCA, Ishikawa, 8D, 5Why.
- Experienced Internal Auditor.
- Experience of third-party certification audits.
- Ability to read manufacturing/geometrical drawings.
- Proficient in the use of the latest version of Microsoft Office.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Pleasant and articulate manner works well independently and as part of a team.
- Organised, analytical and systematic with an enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and prioritise workloads.
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail – manages and records deliverables with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to build and continually cultivate relationships with key suppliers and manufacturing teams.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team