QHSE & CI Manager - VR/26855
TMM Recruitment is working exclusively with our oil and gas service company client, to source an experience QHSE & CI Manager on a permanent staff basis at their premises in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. Competitive salary and package on offer.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as QHSE & CI Manager, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Quality Control – Manufacturing and Services
- Ensuring all operations which may directly or indirectly influence product quality and, where relevant to the scope of the position, service provisions are performed with defined quality procedures / control plans, standards and directives.
- Minimising failure costs within the process route related to product non-compliance through a systematic program in conjunction with other departments.
- Supporting Operational Teams in process improvements and new product and process development / introduction as and when required.
- Assisting with the compilation of technical information and produce technical and associated management reports as required.
- Ensuring competence criteria are adequately defined and implemented for each critical process within the business which may affect product quality.
Quality Assurance – Quality Systems
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company quality management system, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO9001 (2015).
- Liaising with technical sales regarding acceptance of customer product specifications.
- Pre-qualification and tender requests to project and operational quality plans.
- Defining the appropriate technical / quality standards and procedures for the supply of pre-material / finished products.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company HSE management system, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO14001 / ISO45001.
- Providing guidance to operations regarding safety behaviours and requirements; driving the appropriate actions plans in coordination with the Region and Corporate Team.
- Defining and implementing the appropriate health and safety standards and procedures.
VMS – Lean Manufacturing
- Steering continuous improvement plan.
- Managing the CAP20 savings targets and drive cost reduction initiatives to enhance the profit margin of the company.
- Providing support to the Six Sigma implementation process through the operational excellence framework as required.
- Developing, formulating, and implementing initiatives and programmes to improve the quality and performance of the business.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of strategic improvement projects.
- Managing and organising the daily / weekly activities within the department.
- Managing, monitoring, and supporting the training, coaching and development of members of the Quality Department so that skill levels are consistently developed, applied, and maintained across the team, and assisting in the formulation and delivery of training, coaching and development programmes for other production personnel as and when required.
- Implementing, monitoring, and ensuring compliance of all company personnel policies and procedures and dealing with all department related employee matters including discipline and grievances.
- Ensuring all work is performed in compliance with defined quality procedures, standards and directives.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s environmental control policies and procedures and statutory regulations at all times.
- Ensuring compliance of the company’s health and safety policies and procedures, safe working practices and statutory regulations at all times.
Key Experience / Qualifications:
- Possess a relevant degree or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Possess a comprehensive working knowledge of quality management systems.
- Possess a comprehensive working knowledge of health and safety.
- Possess a LSS Black Belt or equivalent experience.
- Possess knowledge of problem solving (Six Sigma) and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ideally possess a detailed comprehensive knowledge of OCTG products and the associated manufacturing processes.
- Possess proven leadership and team building skills.
- Must demonstrate a flexible and innovative approach to problem solving.
- The post holder will have excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills, to ensure effective communication at all levels within the organisation and externally.
- The post-holder will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of working well both alone and as part of a team.
- They will be competent in prioritising and multi tasking to meet important targets.
- The post holder will have an excellent knowledge of production systems and processes
- They will be able to work under pressure and react promptly and efficiently and make business decisions under pressure at times.
- They will use their initiative and experience when dealing with quality and health and safety related matters.
- Good user knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), as the post-holder will require to compile and produce reports and presentations.
- The role requires knowledge, understanding and application of company health and safety policies and procedures and safe working practices, company environmental policies and procedures and the company’s quality policy and standards and quality management system.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team