Quality Engineer – VR/24417
Currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
The Quality Engineer will ensure the quality of company products and processes are consistent and are to the highest quality standards. The post holder will also ensure compliance with all appropriate company, client and legislative requirements.
The Quality Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing procedures, policies and processes – as well as reporting, recommending and implementing continuous improvements.
- Reviewing and ensuring that company equipment complies with current legislation / global regulations.
- Liaising with company global locations, ensuring that equipment is controlled utilising the same Technical Files and processes.
- Attending regulation / legislation seminars for information on any changes.
- Assisting with ongoing ATEX compliance for company equipment.
- Managing the pre-hire inspection of assets at each site, in accordance with company operating policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Fleet Manger. This includes equipment inspection and maintenance tag sign offs, PUWER, final inspection etc, and Calibration, certification etc. for project mobilisations.
- Creating and facilitating Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) for new build assets (internal and external) in conjunction with product development.
- Full control of pre-hire documentation and creation of documentation portfolio.
- Advising on and inspecting assets identified to be scrapped as deemed beyond economical repair, in accordance with company operating policies and procedures, in line with the Fleet Manager.
- Managing the pre-hire corrective actions through to closure or conditional release / waiver, in accordance with company operating policies and procedures.
- Leading investigations into failed product or process, as per NCR / SR requirements.
- Attending weekly meetings and contributing to department related Non-Conformance reports.
- Applying project knowledge to client specific quality plans, in conjunction with regional HSE requirements.
- Developing ITP for new build assets in line with Supplier (internal or external).
- Liaising with company global locations, ensuring equipment is controlled utilising the same technical files.
- Attending all project kick off meetings – present QA relevant considerations.
- Attending design review meetings and providing input from a QA point of view.
- Attending project weekly updates or reviews.
- Attending SR and NCR as focal point for Project and Assets Department.
- Developing and managing CRM for pre and post inspection findings / release.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree / HND / HNC qualification in a relevant technical or QHSE discipline.
- PUWER Assessor certified.
- Previous experience in a similar Quality Advisor / Engineer type role within the oil and gas industry.
- ISO 9001: 2015 knowledge.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment certification requirements for the oil and gas sector.
- Competent in reading and understanding Engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of temporary mobile equipment.
- DNV 2.7-1 knowledge.
- ATEX and CE knowledge.
- ISO9001:2015 Auditor qualified.
- Quality Professional accreditation.
- Knowledge of welding and manufacturing processes.
- Experience of developing a Quality Management System.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team