Rotating Equipment Engineer - VR/25816
Currently recruiting for an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an E&P Operator based in central Aberdeen. Offshore travel will likely be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will be responsible for delivering all preventative and proactive discipline work to support the company’s UK Maintenance Master Plan. The post holder will provide expert discipline advice and expertise to ensure world class maintenance performance.
Reporting to the Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer, the Rotating Equipment Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Actively working to comply with Asset Preventive Master Plan.
- Producing the risk register of the discipline equipment.
- Responsible for the execution of the strategy and Master Plan for their discipline.
- Reviewing and approving Maintenance Change Requests, as required.
- Defining and reviewing the criticality of the discipline equipment.
- Implementing company approved maintenance strategies, including Bill of Materials, and ensuring spare parts are catalogued for all equipment in the CMMS and Material Management systems.
- Preparing, refining and gaining approval for the discipline’s 5 years OPEX Plan.
- Preparing, planning and optimising Maintenance Master Plan activities for the discipline.
- Planning and optimising all major activities out with the Master Plan as one-off correctives.
- Preparing all maintenance, strategy and CAP activities to an execution status, using approved work management.
- Preparing, gaining approval, executing and controlling the budget, in order to deliver the Discipline Master Plan.
- Managing, on a weekly basis, the maintenance budget commitment for the discipline - assuring cost control and productivity.
- Ensuring the proper handover of high-quality prepared work to the IOC and IAP Teams.
- Ensuring all discipline maintenance records and plant history are updated, using CMMS.
- Ensuring all purchase orders and spare parts replenishment is managed against a Work Order.
- Periodic audit / review of maintenance activities and records to ensure process compliance and satisfactory quality completion.
- Assuring critical spares availability in the event of failure in critical production path, in accordance with Maintenance Master Plan.
- Continuously reviewing and managing equipment lifecycle and obsolescence.
- Following up on discipline equipment failure rate, identifying the causes and taking actions to improve reliability.
- Engaging and feeding improvement with strategies, and procedure updates of maintenance process.
- Participating in onshore Root Cause Failure Analysis assessments, in the wake of production critical and safety critical equipment failures.
- Ensuring all discipline shutdown related activities are fully prepared with the correct materials in place and prioritised with the WO shutdown coding in the CMMS, ensuring maximum shutdown efficiency.
- Promoting technological innovations that can be economically exploited to improve facilities safety, production performance or reliability.
- Managing vendors as part of key rotating equipment contracts and providing input into performance reviews.
- Providing technical assistance to Asset Operations Teams, utilising business management systems to action discipline technical queries, threats and investigations.
- Supporting the management of change processes as required for discipline equipment.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Rotating Equipment Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Previous offshore maintenance and operations experience within the oil and gas industry would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment email@example.com
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team