Rotating / Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer - VR/27522
Currently recruiting for an experienced Rotating / Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will be available and this role will likely involve occasional offshore visits.
The post holder will be accountable for implementing rotating equipment maintenance best practice. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver flawless execution of rotating equipment maintenance, focusing on continuous improvement in safety, OPEX reduction and equipment reliability. Providing front line technical support and management of rotating equipment, the Rotating / Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer will support and provide ownership to all pump maintenance outages and modifications on the asset, ensuring annual budgets are met. All onshore equipment repairs and offshore maintenance execution will be expected to be carried out to the highest standard to avoid incidents and re-work.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, the Rotating / Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing technical support that is in line with company and industry standards.
- Ensuring a safe and environmentally responsible operation that supports the company’s licence to operate.
- Asset focal point for key rotating equipment vendors – direct liaison and interface to drive timely reporting, repairs and product improvements.
- Attending quarterly contract performance review meetings, providing constructive input targeted at continuous improvement.
- Project managing rotating equipment major maintenance outages, ensuring flawless execution against the project plan.
- Reviewing vendor field service reports, ensuring all relevant remedial actions are recorded and scheduled within SAP.
- Liaising regularly with condition monitoring engineers to ensure all machinery condition information is up to date and equipment health is understood and relevant remedial actions are scheduled accordingly.
- Involvement in contract tender and performance management discussions and improvements.
- Providing updates to asset activity plans within field, ensuring accurate inputs and outputs.
- Conducting regular equipment performance trending reviews, to ensure best process optimisation, improvements and scheduling forecast for overhauls / interventions.
- Owner of critical asset equipment register, focusing on avoidance of single point failures and production optimisation.
- Responsible for relevant input into yearly budget compilation, and input into monthly management of budget forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring correct and suitable stock levels are in place for all critical rotating equipment, with focus on cost reductions where applicable.
- Taking technical lead role in assisting the asset – Identifying threats and opportunities for improvement.
- Identifying equipment reliability projects, update SORTER system and support MoC process.
- Offshore site visits to assist in identifying rotating equipment problems and implement improvements.
- Reviewing and commenting / approving Engineering Queries (EQ) where appropriate.
- Monitoring site compliance with company rotating equipment maintenance strategies and request appropriate deviations to align with decommissioning schedules.
- Attending equipment Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) where applicable.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A mechanical engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Rotating Equipment Engineer type role, within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company / operator, would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team