SAP Specialist - VR/25199
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious Oil and Gas Operators in the North East to source a SAP Specialist on a permanent basis. This position will act as the technical expert for all SAP platform matters, ensuring relevant support, development, testing and integrity of the system, ensuring company’s security standards are adhered to.
Purpose of Role:
- The SAP Technical Specialist acts as the technical expert for all SAP platform matters, ensuring relevant support, development, testing and integrity of the system, ensuring Harbour Energy security standards are adhered to
- The role is responsible for maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships with key business stakeholders and further developing the role to deliver improved outcomes.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level:
- Maintains systems documentation, ensuring Knowledge Base articles and IS guides are up to date.
- Responsible for providing technical assurance of work packages delivered by core vendors for support, development and testing of SAP Platform.
- Ensuring SAP requests and incidents are dealt with in a timely manner and within agreed SLA’s, also securing proper communication to business users throughout the support process.
- Escalating any problems to SAP third party support, liaising regularly with the vendor and business user to identify resolution actions.
- Managing system configuration for SAP, ensuring all testing follows Harbour Energy standards, by liaising with third party Developers and business users to carry out User Acceptance Testing (UAT) whilst ensuring tests are delivered to plan.
- Maintaining interfaces between SAP and other external systems.
- Actively participating in the ITIL governance processes especially change related by working closely with key stakeholders in the Business and IS and providing expert technical guidance.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all Harbour IS related processes, policies, and work practices.
- Ensuring third party support vendor develops, deploys, and manages solutions to meet defined business specific needs as defined through the product maps / lifecycles.
- Liaising with the wider IS organisation and business community to facilitate delivery and resolve any issues.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience:
- Good planning and execution skills.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of managing support, development and testing of SAP systems.
- Strong on documentation, processes, and a determined finisher, capable of handling the day-to-day operational pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP S4/HANA, SAP BW, SAP FICO, JVA and SAP Orchestrator.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with a continued drive to develop own expertise and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to liaise with various areas of the business to gather requirements for enhancements and to determine if they will add value to the business.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team taking responsibility in part or in full for the delivery of SAP solutions over multiple phases.
- Strong experience of working with a diverse and multi-national application vendor support model or equivalent.
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with multi sourcing and vendor managers.
- Responsible for ensuring IS operational capabilities achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Educated to degree level in computer science or relevant preferred or with equivalent industry experience (desirable).
- SAP certification (desirable but not necessary).
- Project Management experience (desirable).
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team