SCM Category Analyst - VR/22062
SCM Category Analyst required to join an independent upstream oil and gas company (E&P), based in the Kingswells area of Aberdeen. This is a contract assignment initially until December 2021.
Working in the ‘Indirects Category Team’ and reporting to the SCM Operations Lead, the Category Analyst will be accountable for the effective management of third-party spend across related categories throughout the full category management lifecycle. This role will deliver category, contracting and supplier management strategies to optimise business value.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the effective management of assigned categories throughout the full category management lifecycle.
- Playing a facilitating and supporting role on cross-functional category teams focused on integrated value creation.
- Managing the 'end to end' sourcing process; Planning (business needs, market analysis, supplier qualification and contract strategy), Sourcing (tender pack coordination, tender evaluation, negotiation and award) and Managing (contractor relationships and performance management) for assigned categories.
- Maximising supplier performance through robust performance scorecards, KPIs, and supplier relationship management to develop sustainable competitive advantages.
- Supporting the business with market intelligence and influence the development of company plans on the basis of this information.
- Reviewing and amending category strategies to account for business and market changes.
- Developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies to address security of supply risks.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Managing and maintaining SCM databases, such as SCIMITAR and Maximo.
- Contract administration including amendments, rate reviews, variations, milestone payments, completion / handover obligations, dispute resolution, P2P (purchase orders / call offs from approved requisitions, applying appropriate diligence in pricing and T&Cs).
- Collaborating with other Supply Chain members in order to maximise opportunities across the categories and assets.
- Building strong positive networks amongst internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants to this position should ideally offer previous experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry, with particular focus on category management (strategy development, sourcing and contracting).
You should have knowledge of standard forms of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in the North Sea oil and gas industry and experience of working with Maximo and e-Procurement products is preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team