SCM Specialist (Buyer) - VR/21458
SCM Specialist required to join a leading name in subsea Life-of-Field services. This is a 6-month contract vacancy and will be split between the Westhill and East Tullos areas of Aberdeen.
As SCM Specialist, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to source competitive bids from qualified suppliers that meet specification, quality, budgetary and schedule requirements according to company policy.
- Negotiating and placing commitments with suppliers ensuring that the most favourable terms of contract are obtained
- Developing relationships with key suppliers and internal customers.
- Ensuring that goods or services are delivered to the right place at the right time.
- Sourcing alternative products and reviewing existing ones to ensure prices remain competitive with no compromise of quality.
- Managing the system generated GR/IR and Blocked Invoice reports ensuring that they are kept up to date.
- Expediting purchase orders ensuring that delivery dates are met and any supply issues are resolved.
- Identifying and reporting cost savings to project/business.
Applicants to this vacancy should offer a broad knowledge of procurement procedures – ideally within a busy purchasing environment in the oil and gas industry. It is essential that you have a strong working knowledge of SAP.
Excellent negotiation skills and experience of supplier evaluation, purchase order creation, contract terms and conditions, negotiation and working within a busy purchasing environment is required.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team