SCM Specialist (Buyer) - VR/24747
This organisation takes pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the energy industry. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a high-performing SCM function. A hybrid working arrangement is available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and actioning the procurement of goods and services for your allocated vessel, asset or operational base.
- Planning and executing forwarding and expediting strategies to ensure timely arrival of goods services without undue delay / penalty with clearance.
- Operating within standardised supply chain policies, processes and systems and leverage those systems to support the provision of relevant and quality metrics.
- Managing the defined elements of the supply chain process as delegated. Working within cross-functional teams to work with vendors on cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
- Contributing to the selection, management and monitoring of vendors.
- Participating in the evaluation of the vendors.
- Proactively supporting internal clients with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
- Maintaining contact with vendors, including appropriate sites visits, during the entire process ensuring adherence to quality and deadlines.
- Maintaining and producing appropriate reports and logs for all relevant internal parties, proactively highlighting issues to ensure these are identified in advance and can be addressed.
Our client is seeking a candidate with previous experience in a similar procurement role.
The following experience / skills are highly desirable, though not essential:
- Previous marine / vessel experience.
- Knowledge of RFQ / tendering processes.
- Experience of SAP and / or SAP Ariba.
- Knowledge of market / industry suppliers and service providers.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team