Safety & Compliance Engineer - VR/25138
Currently recruiting for an experienced Safety and Compliance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Aviation company based in Dyce, Aberdeen. This will predominantly be a full-time office-based role, however, candidates across the UK are also invited to apply and work remotely.
The Safety and Compliance Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving compliance across the multi discipline areas of aviation regulation, health, safety and environmental performance in both rotary and fixed wing operations.
The Safety and Compliance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Performing internal compliance audits against regulatory and industry standards as identified on the Annual Audit Plan.
- Performing compliance monitoring to ensure effective remedial actions from safety investigations.
- Safety occurrence report management supporting.
- Safety occurrence report risk assessment supporting.
- Performing external supplier audits against regulatory and industry standards as identified on the annual audit plan.
- Managing non-conformances raised from audit to ensure effective remedial action within agreed timeframes.
- Analysing non-conformances raised from audit to identify any adverse trends to support a risk and performance-based audit plan.
- Assisting in maintaining the company expositions and procedures management of the company component capability list.
- Reviewing regulatory and industry standard legislation, ensuring timely update to company procedures and documentation.
- Supporting and contributing to the Safety Management System Review.
- Conducting internal investigations as directed by the Compliance Manager.
- Managing the Engineers License Database.
- Managing company authorisations.
- Applicants will be expected to have a formal Engineering Qualification.
- Applicants will be expected to have a Formal Auditor ISO 9001 Qualification, or suitable equivalent.
- Knowledge of Civil Aviation Regulations (EASA, FAA, etc) would be preferred.
- Good knowledge of Industry Standards (ISO 9001, AS9100 etc) is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Relevant civil and/or military aviation experience would be preferred.
- Experience in performing audits within the Civil and/or Military Aviation sectors would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience in Safety Management System management.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience in Quality Management System management.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience in risk based and performance-based auditing.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team