Senior AP Clerk – VR/24835
Senior Accounts Payable Assistant required on a 6-12-month basis initially. This is an opportunity to join a private equity backed full cycle energy business. This is a full-time requirement and the desirable candidate will possess experience working in a similar role, ideally within the oil and gas industry with solid experience of AP processing with SUN or a similar ERP system.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Coordinating with Accounts Payable Supervisor and AP Team to ensure all duties are completed efficiently and in line with process controls.
- Acting as point of contact for all supplier queries along with managing the AP email inbox on a daily basis.
- Recording and processing purchase invoices in EAM or SUN including obtaining coding information and reviewing due dates.
- Recording, checking and assisting in the processing of cash and credit card expenses.
- Coordinating invoice approval process ensuring approvals obtained in a timely manner and in adherence to delegation of authority.
- Performing supplier call back checks to ensure bank details provided by any new suppliers are correct.
- Providing ad-hoc cover in respect of generating weekly payment runs if required.
- Assisting in the monthly accounts payable close process.
- Participating in year-end statutory audit by providing information as required.
- Preparing accounts payable reconciliation.
- Continual monitoring of the supplier balances within Sun, to ensure these agree to supplier statements and that system control processes are being followed.
- Ensuring integrity of ledger by building checks and reconciliations.
- Providing support for all system changes and upgrades.
- Assisting in the implementation of a purchase to pay process.
- Providing ongoing support to other users.
- Promoting strong financial control environment by adhering to all policies and procedures.
Strong accounts payable experience and an understanding of how costs can affect different areas of finance is essential. The ability to work under pressure and deal with the more complex areas of AP is a must.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team