Senior Accountant – VR/23953
Opportunity with large international energy services company based in Aberdeen for a Senior Accountant to work in compliance. Would suit fully qualified Accountants with strong technical knowledge, experience of statutory accounts and the audit process.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the co-ordination and completion of the UK statutory audit process for each legal entity and acting as a key focal point for the external auditors.
- Responsible for preparing and completing the legal entity statutory accounts.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to increase the efficiency of the statutory reporting process.
- Acting as a focal point for the Tax Team with regards to statutory accounts support and analysis.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly management reporting of several small UK legal entities.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc accounting support to the business as required, including bid requests and technical accounting queries.
- Working with other entities in the group to ensure any new entities in the UK are fully compliant.
- Responsible for completing the transfer pricing reporting, working with the Group Tax Department.
- Management of Assistant Accountant.
- Developing strong relationship with external auditors.
- Mentoring staff.
Applicants to this role require
- An accountancy qualification is required ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA or equivalent.
- High level of technical accounting knowledge and accountancy regulations.
- High levels of accuracy required when preparing the statutory accounts for submission to Companies House.
- Experience of statutory accounts and audit processes is essential.
- ERP experience is preferable.
- Experience in an international group of companies is preferable.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team