Senior Accountant - VR/23654
Two opportunities available to join globally recognised oil services firm. Working in the Financial Reporting Team within the Finance Resource Centre, the opportunities are to cover maternity leave with durations of 9 and 14 months.
The 9 month contract will be responsible for the legal entities within the Corporate management region, including a valuation for the statutory accounts of the group and entity reduction task oversight.
The 14 month contract role will be responsible for the integration of new legal entities into the Finance Resource Centre. This will involve working closely with the regional Finance Teams to gain understanding about the entity, it’s operations and transactions, complete compliance reporting requirements and financial reporting requirements for the entities.
- Coordinating and reviewing statutory accounts and back up files, constructively feeding back review points to ensure high quality statutory financial statements and audit back up are delivered on time.
- Preparing or reviewing technical accounting memos to support accounting decisions where required.
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure deadlines are met and issues are brought to the attention of the appropriate level of management when necessary.
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and analytical reviews prepared by the team, providing constructive feedback on improvements to the back up or the approach and proactively. following up on outstanding review points and actions required.
- Working closely with sub-team to develop the relationship with regional Finance Directors to discuss issues noted, sharing ideas and best practice.
- Helping to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working for all FRC entities.
- Coaching and mentoring FRC Financial Reporting Team members, providing regular feedback.
- Identifying areas of process improvements and propose potential solutions.
- Collaborating closely with relevant departments to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Providing training, where required, on technical accounting issues to the wider Finance community.
The ideal applicant will be fully qualified with experience in audit and accounts preparation. You will have experience of FRS and FRS 101 statutory accounts preparation.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team