Senior Accountant - VR/23654
Senior Accountant required for 9 months for globally recognised oil services firm. Working in the Financial Reporting team within the Finance Resource Centre, the position offers a diverse and challenging role with opportunities to develop supervisory and coaching experience.
Statutory Accounting & Audit:
- Delivery of high quality statutory financial statements within set deadlines.
- Focus on high quality outputs with a first-time right attitude.
- Planning the statutory accounting process for all FRC entities.
- Updating and monitoring the global Statutory Audit Tracker to ensure external reporting filing deadlines are met and audits complete.
- Reviewing statutory accounts and back up files, constructively feeding back review points to ensure high quality statutory financial statements and audit back up are delivered on time.
- Preparing or reviewing technical accounting memos to support accounting decisions where required.
- Liaising with external auditors to ensure deadlines are met and issues are brought to the attention of the appropriate level of management when necessary.
Controls & Compliance:
- Collation of the global financial controls results on a quarterly basis, preparation of the global quarterly COSA (Control Owner Self-Assessment) results and slides to Senior Management, feeding back the COSA results to the wider finance function.
- Testing the applicable FRC financial controls and reporting any findings and recommending solutions to the FRC Financial Controller
- Attending quarterly meetings with regional Finance Directors to discuss issues noted, sharing ideas and best practice with the other finance teams within the organisation.
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and analytical reviews prepared by the team, providing constructive feedback on improvements to back up or approach and proactively following up on outstanding review points and actions required.
Restructuring & Entity Reduction
- Finance lead for restructuring projects, collaborating with other departments throughout the process; including capital reductions, capital injections, dividends, distributions, etc
- Finance lead for the closure of entities, collaborating with other departments throughout the process; including liquidations, dissolutions, mergers
- Coordinating a regular assessment of distributable reserves for all holding companies that fall under the responsibility of the FRC
- Preparing the investments valuations within the group each year, collaborating, assessing, analysing and understanding movements fully in valuations and any associated impairments.
- Helping to establish best practice, standardisation and ways of working for all FRC entities
- Coaching and mentoring FRC Financial Reporting team members, providing regular feedback
- Identify areas of process improvements and propose potential solutions
- Work closely with the wider finance function to resolve any financial reporting queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide training, where required, on technical accounting issues to the wider finance function.
- Other ad hoc tasks and projects as required
The ideal applicant will be fully qualified and ideally with SAP experience.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team