Senior Applications Engineer - VR/28261
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Applications Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
The Senior Applications Engineer will ensure the seamless delivery of the company’s products and services. The post holder will provide technical leadership on the company’s product portfolio.
Reporting to the Global Applications Team Lead, the Senior Applications Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Focal point for project managing and developing PulseEight technology and DTS/DAS within technical support remit.
- Controlling qualification testing of developing products.
- Supporting the planning, coordination and control of the design and development of new products, or modification of the existing product line in order to meet actual or anticipated future customer needs.
- Providing QHSE leadership and ensuring culture of continuous improvement.
- Technical evaluation of applications and provision of equipment specification and recommendation.
- Providing and managing technical documentation for tenders, technical proposals, quotes/contract reviews and project delivery across product portfolio.
- Producing product quality plans and coordinating manufacturing activities, including third party support and tool assembly when required.
- Providing technical training for new and existing employees on commercial technology range.
- Assisting with customer field operations preparation and deployment for technology product range.
- Developing and evaluating accretive and disruptive technology concepts in line with company strategy.
- Product champion for new technologies, supporting Commercialisation Team for development/release/marketing and sales of the new products.
- Leading projects from start to finish, engaging all departments within the company to achieve the project objectives.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the downhole sector of the North Sea oil and gas industry.
- Experience with open hole completion products.
- Operational experience with intervention technology products.
- A degree qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of working in manufacturing/machine shop environments.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team