Senior Category Manager – VR/25265
12-month contract requirement for a Senior Category Manager to join an E&P company in Aberdeen.
The Senior Category Manager plays an important role in ensuring that value is delivered to the company. The role works closely with others in the Procurement & Supply Chain team and senior internal stakeholders / external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing a deep knowledge and understanding of end-to-end Category Management. Ensuring value is maximised throughout the category and contracting process and through the whole life cycle of the category
- Supporting the delivery of the annual category plan.
- Working as a partner with business stakeholders to understand and support delivery of their needs.
- Developing robust strategic sourcing strategies for specific categories and projects.
- Undertaking category and project-related assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans.
- Working as a Business Partner with key internal stakeholders, managing all procurement activity across designated operations and maintenance categories.
- Offering knowledge of assigned categories, providing leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance.
- Leading and evaluating competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services, negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters.
- Procuring highly complex contracting requirements, ensuring optimum value within defined service and quality
- Negotiating with major suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters.
- Providing support in complex negotiations through data, market or other
- Drafting, negotiating and obtaining agreement for commercial contracts; ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and mitigated.
- Identifying improvements to the bottom-line and cost saving targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with internal stakeholders and
- Forecasting future expenditure patterns within key business units, developing appropriate strategies to ensure budgeted value improvements are proactively identified and implemented with appropriate pace.
- Challenging business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly
- Leading the development, building and maintenance of supplier engagement.
- Leading engagement with multiple stakeholder interfaces across the business to ensure a consistent
- Ensuring compliance to contract terms and management of contractual risk.
- Managing a comprehensive overview of supplier performance across assigned business units.
- Resolving any contractual and supplier disputes, protecting the interests of the business at all times.
Applicants to this position should have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- A comprehensive knowledge of end-to-end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance relating to assigned category.
- A demonstrable track record of transformational value delivery through identification and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies, continuous improvement plans and demand management.
- Competence in the use of company business tools – SAP, MS Packages, Contiki
- A demonstrable track record of leading complex contract negotiations.
- Understanding of general and contract law, and applications of LOGIC models, in development, execution and dispute resolution.
- A degree qualification and / or MCIPS (or equivalent).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team