Senior Category Manager - VR/26595
Senior Category Manager required to join an E&P company in Aberdeen on a contract basis for an initial period of 6 months (PAYE day rate).
As Senior Category Manager, you’ll work with others in the Procurement & Supply Chain team, and with senior internal stakeholders and external third parties, to continuously seek to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end Category Management. Ensuring value is maximised throughout the category and contracting process and through the whole life cycle of the category.
- Working as a partner with business stakeholders to understand and support delivery of their needs.
- Developing robust strategic sourcing strategies for specific categories and projects, delivering breakthrough results and year-on-year continuous improvement.
- Providing leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
- Leading and evaluating competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services, negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
- Procuring highly complex contracting requirements, ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
- Drafting and negotiating highly significant commercial contracts, ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and mitigated.
- Identifying and achieving improvement to the bottom line and cost saving targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Forecasting future expenditure patterns within key business units, developing appropriate strategies to ensure budgeted value improvements are identified and implemented.
- Leading the development and maintenance of supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management.
- Ensuring compliance to contract terms, both legal and commercial (including value delivery) and management of contractual risk.
- Resolving contractual and supplier disputes where they occur, always protecting the interests of the business.
- Providing input to the budgeting process in relation to supplier spend and cost saving initiatives.
- Re-negotiating contracts as necessary and developing strategies to manage appropriate end-of-contract options.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of end-to-end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance relating to assigned category.
- Demonstrable track record of transformational value delivery through identification and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies, continuous improvement plans and demand management.
- Competent in use of business tools – SAP, MS Packages, Contiki.
- Ability to lead Supplier Relationship and Performance Management.
- Demonstrable track record of leading complex contract negotiations.
- Excellent understanding of general and contract law, and applications of LOGIC models, in development, execution and dispute resolution.
- A relevant degree qualification and / or MCIPS.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team