Senior Commercial Advisor - VR/22672
Senior Commercial Advisor required to join an independent oil and gas operator on a 6-month contract assignment.
As Senior Commercial Advisor, you’ll provide Commercial and Joint Venture management skills in support of the company’s production operations on the UK Continental Shelf.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all commercial matters associated with the company’s role as Asset Operator, including JV management via the OPCOM and relevant sub-committees. This requires management of existing commercial agreements, negotiation of new agreements, and management of ad-hoc commercial issues as and when necessary and liaison with oil and gas marketing teams.
- Representing the company’s interests at Commercial Sub-Committees or OPCOM as required, for certain assets in the non-op portfolio, deputising for the Non-Op Asset Manager as necessary. Interfacing with JV partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring complete understanding and implications of commercial agreements being negotiated or executed and how they can be used to maximise value. Key focus on DSAs, JOAs, TPOSAs, Offshore Gas Sales.
- Undertaking studies, investigations and analysis in support of resolution of issues / commercial negotiations. Leading commercial negotiations as opportunities arise e.g. third party tie-backs.
- Working closely with the asset economist, undertaking analysis on an ad-hoc basis to establish / support commercial proposals or positions. Ensuring full understanding of impact on commercial position and making recommendations accordingly.
- Taking full ownership of the commercial arrangements for the hub and ensuring these are captured correctly and kept up to date in the economic models for the CAD planning exercise.
- Working closely with the commercial analyst to ensure that the Operator’s obligations under the DSA agreements are met.
- Providing commercial support and guidance for various activities relating to the business unit or other corporate business as required e.g. OGA Activity Survey.
Applicants to this role should offer significant Commercial / JV management experience gained in an Upstream Oil and Gas Operator environment. A degree qualification, or equivalent, in an Engineering, Finance or relevant discipline is preferred.
You should bring knowledge of commercial agreements that govern JV operations, and an understanding of the multidiscipline nature of asset management and value drivers.
Analytical skills, excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work well under pressure.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team