Senior Commercial Advisor - VR/28931
Opportunity for an experienced Senior Commercial Advisor to join our client, an international oil and gas company, at their office in central Aberdeen. You’ll be responsible for providing direction and guidance on joint venture, business development and commercial issues, including project related activity.
As Senior Commercial Advisor, your remit will include aiding business functions on a range of commercial activities, including agreements covering field assets, pipeline infrastructure and terminal operations; acquisitions and divestment (A&D) activities; oil and gas sales; and joint venture management.
You’ll also provide support, guidance, and mentoring for less experienced/developing commercial team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the standard suite of oil and gas agreements associated with the company’s portfolio of assets.
- Working with teams to understand ongoing operational issues that require commercial input and focus.
- Developing solutions that consider all commercially viable options available and consider all likely stakeholder opinions.
- Liaising and coordinating with joint venture partners and third parties to implement strategies in a timely fashion.
- Marketing and implementing oil and gas sale contracts.
- Supporting the start-up and integration of new projects.
- Actively supporting A&D activity, providing all relevant commercial data.
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with the NSTA’s Commercial Code of Practice and Infrastructure Code of Practice.
- Attending and driving the company’s position at joint venture and other external commercial forums.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience across a range of commercial activities within a major or independent oil and gas company.
- Significant experience in Operated and Non-Operated Joint Venture management.
- Well-developed financial analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills at both strategic and operational level.
- Ability to mentor and develop more inexperienced members in the team.
- Confidence in presenting to senior management as a subject matter expert.
- Experience of managing Joint Venture partners and third-party vendors.
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline (preferred).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team