Senior Completion Engineer - VR/26541
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Completion Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Occasional offshore travel will likely be required - therefore, applicants must be prepared to work offshore.
The Senior Completion Engineer will act as the asset specific focal point for all completion engineering and operational aspects, in order to adequately support the design and execution of completion operations. The post holder will work collaboratively with Drilling and Completion leadership to deliver wells that meet well life cycle integrity and deliver the well objectives within budget, on schedule and without incident.
The Senior Completion Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining a strong commitment to HS&E in the design, examination, well control and execution for completing oil or gas wells.
- Delivering completion programmes, programme amendments, risk assessments and dispensations aligned to Company policy and operational timings.
- Selecting completion equipment including materials requirements.
- Providing onshore engineering support for completion operations for troubleshooting problem jobs.
- Preparing completion, testing and stimulation programmes - including equipment specification and selection, flow modelling, tubing stress analysis etc.
- Through post-analysis and benchmarking of past operations, incorporate learnings into future completion programmes.
- Preparing cost estimates and assist with cost control activities for completion activities.
- Maintaining awareness of new completions technologies, and when appropriate, incorporate into designs and work programmes.
- Working with third party service providers to ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Compiling and completing well reports.
- Ad-hoc offshore trips as required.
- Liaising with Subsurface and Production Teams to ensure completion design is fit for purpose and maximises key performance deliverables, such as life of well functionality, PI, potential sand control concerns etc.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- IWCF Well Control certification is essential.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Completion Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company / operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience with completion design, fracture stimulation, open hole and cased hole sand control and smart or complex upper completion equipment.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team