Senior Completions Engineer - VR/28491
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Completions Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P Company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a contract position that is due to run until August 2024 and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will be available.
The Senior Completions Engineer will play an important role in optimising well operations and ensuring that wells are fit for purpose by design and installation.
Reporting to the Lead Completions Engineer, the Senior Completions Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Positively participating in teams of multi-disciplinary engineers providing completion engineering and testing solutions as part of the well delivery process (e.g., well planning preparation, tubing stress analysis, material selection, tendering, purchasing, QA/QC, CWOP, peer reviews, risk assessment and execution of operations in a timely manner).
- Preparing completion/testing/workover programmes/end of well reports and coordinating other specialist inputs.
- Optimising safe working practices in the development of operational programmes. Being familiar with derogations, management of change, company rules, HAZID/HAZOPs etc.
- Accurately preparing budgets and durations required for projects or individual wells.
- Liaising with the Well Examiner to ensure programs are in line with the Well Examination Scheme.
- Updating and following up equipment preparation for routine and non-routine operations.
- Updating and following up the rig cost control for service contracts involved in completion/workover/testing operations.
- Managing assigned contracts through feedback (service quality reporting and auditing) and performance monitoring (KPI’s) to optimise value for company and assess technological advancements available to improve working techniques.
- Supervising and coaching entry level Engineers.
- Preparing statutory applications/notifications to external agencies, as required, to satisfy the overall completion/testing programme.
- Preparing, reviewing and evaluating tenders for the provision of completion/workover/testing related equipment and services. Providing cost models, technical feedback final recommendations and presentations to contract management committee etc.
- Preparing, and presenting as necessary, to partners at relevant meetings and forums.
- Supervising completion/workover/testing operations on designated rigs. Actively participating in the drilling and wells improvement process.
- Liaising closely with operations to support implementation of engineering work plans and providing live completion/testing engineering support.
- Following up and improving well performance through collaborative evaluation and innovation.
- Supervising small task forces comprising of junior Engineers and contractors to resolve engineering/technical issues and leading operational implementation of solutions. Participating in group wide feedback of new or innovative engineering solutions.
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Completions Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P company/operator, would be preferred.
- Considerable experience in well engineering and exposure to offshore operations is essential.
- Applicants should have experience in core completions, wellheads, sand control, stimulation, DST, etc.
- Applicants should have experience with WellCat, or similar software packages.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team