Senior Contracts Adviser - VR/24683
Senior Contracts Adviser(s) required to join an oil and gas E&P company in Aberdeen on a contract basis, initially until the end of the year but with scope for extension. Our client is recruiting for two categories; Projects and Decom and Indirects.
Purpose of Role:
The Senior Contracts Adviser oversees the execution of the complete Category Management and Contracting Process (CMCP), including contract strategy, tactics and contract management activities.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop overall demand forecasts for input into the Category Plan on a rolling three-year basis.
- Developing and implementing high-quality documentation for bidding, evaluation, negotiation, award and post award management for all contracts in portfolio in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Liaising with key stakeholders to coordinate the compilation of robust contract award recommendations that fully justify the selection of the preferred supplier.
- Drafting and developing contracts and contract amendments including robust contract management plans including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as required.
- Ensuring delivery and managing a portfolio of delegated contracts.
- Acting as the primary liaison between C&P, Legal, Insurance and other risk structure functions, filtering and dealing with most day-to-day matters so functional involvement is only required for more substantive items.
- Identifying and understanding commercial needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively proposing solutions that take account of market conditions, risks and business drivers.
- Managing supplier relationships effectively and collaboratively drives continuous performance improvement.
- Building and maintaining a strong network in the market, being fully aware of forthcoming opportunities and supplier developments.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders in development and execution of strategies driving towards value maximisation.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal.
- Overseeing the end-to-end Requisition to Pay (RTP) process.
Applicants to this position should offer:
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- A relevant degree and/or MCIPS qualification is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in preparing Category Plans, ITTs and drafting contract documents and award recommendations etc., within the Contracts and Procurement function of an oil and gas operator.
- Appreciation of the technical aspects of offshore operations.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Can do attitude, able to articulate in a precise manner.
- Effective communication skills.
INDSCC TMM Recruitment
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team