Senior Contracts Specialist (Subsea) - VR/23516
Senior Contracts Specialist required to provide contractual and commercial support to the project teams of our client, a leading name in the provisional of subsea services to the oil and gas / energy industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing commercial and contractual support and advice to Project Managers, Departmental Managers and other team members.
- Highlighting commercial risks, opportunities or issues and working to ensure optimal solution.
- Assisting with internal cost reporting and forecasting.
- Facilitating Project bonds, guarantees and insurances.
- Completing the monthly project report for executive review.
- Compiling sales invoices.
- Managing contractual change, negotiation and execution of variation orders / amendments.
- Negotiating contractual claims as / when they arise.
- Settling final account with client and ensuring completion certificates are fully executed.
- Arranging vessel charters in conjunction with the Fleet Department.
- Arranging and managing subcontracts.
- Identify goods and services to be procured for a project.
- Liaising with other departments to develop scopes of work for inclusion in ITT documents.
- Responsibility for commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, evaluating, negotiating, awarding and managing subcontracts and major purchase orders.
- Checking subcontractor invoices and negotiating any disputes.
- Negotiating variation requests received from subcontractors.
Applicants to this position should have considerable experience in a similar role within the Oil and Gas, Construction, Civil Engineering or Renewables industries. You’ll need experience of qualification of contracts and commercial documentation (preferably LOGIC, BIMCO and FIDIC), as well as negotiation, cost forecasting and reporting.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential, as is the ability to work on your own initiative and effectively manage a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team