Senior Contracts Specialist - VR/28079
Join a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. This is a permanent position, based in the Westhill area. Hybrid working is available.
As Senior Contracts Specialist, you’ll provide contractual expertise in relation to projects and key tenders, working within designated project groups. Advice will be given from tender submission stage through to award and execution, working within the company’s policies, processes and systems ensuring legal and financial compliance at all times.
Occasional planned travel will be required, both in the UK and overseas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contract support for tendering, in line with Group Legal Procedure, as part of Bid Team.
- Negotiating with prospective clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assisting Legal and Commercial Teams regarding joint venture authorisation, bank guarantees, parent company guarantees and Tender Board minutes.
- Ensuring identification at point of award and throughout the project of all contractual obligations and rights towards clients and subcontractors, managing all variations, deviations, risks etc.
- Participating in commercial strategic discussion and decisions as an integral part of the Project Management Team following contract award, contributing to regular sessions.
- Overseeing and delivering the internal contracts and administration kick off meeting.
- Organising and delivering contracts awareness training sessions to the Project Team.
- Delivering the change management process and associated documentation, examining unusual events to establish cause, effect and liability and preparing relevant claim and pursue.
- Preparing and pursuing project Construction All Risk (CAR) and other insurance claims.
- Perform all contractual administrative tasks of the project in a timely and efficient manner.
- Compiling and agreeing with client and suppliers/subcontractors the final account of the project.
- Overseeing the completion of correct Contractual Close out of the project and the handover of any continuing obligations to the specific country legal and contracts functions.
- Performing such other non-tender/project related activities as required by functional manager.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in a role relevant subject (Law, Business Management, Quantity Surveying).
- Membership / affiliation with role relevant professional body is desirable.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role within the energy industry, ideally subsea.
- Computer literate across the Microsoft Suite, including SharePoint.
- Accustomed to a 24/7 global multicultural environment, ability to adapt accordingly.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, builds positive collaborative relationships.
- Effective planning skills, accustomed to meeting multiple and competing deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- High ability to place contractual risks in their true practical and commercial perspective.
- Demonstrates credibility and professionalism, operates with the highest standards of integrity.
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership to work autonomously, while able to work collaboratively with team members and key stakeholders.
- Responds positively to change and identifies improvements in process, cost and efficiency.
Reasons to join this company:
- Career development with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working - lots of people work flexibly in different ways. Whether its hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave.
- A fantastic benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team