Senior Cost Accountant - VR/28431
Permanent opportunity available to join a global energy services organisation as a Senior Cost Accountant. Working for an organisation who pride themselves on truly caring for their employees. On offer is a competitive remuneration package and hybrid working.
The Senior Cost Controller will be detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines. A keen interest in the cost-efficient operations of the organisation is a must.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with Plant Managers at locations in the UK defining, developing and continually updating and distributing reports that communicate the financial performance of the facility and provide the information required to manage the business.
- Analysing and interpreting production variances regularly (especially for implications of future performance) and report this to plant management.
- Collecting and analysing data about operational costs and admin expenses comparing actual performance against plan and forecast performance and reporting this to plant management.
- Collaborating with plant management in setting standard costs for manufactured goods including hourly burden rates set in the ERP systems.
- Analysing and recommending costs and costs savings.
- Preparing and completing internal cost audits.
- Providing management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Reviewing and recommending local policies and procedures that directly influence financial transactions and inventory costing to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborating with local accounting team on Inventory reconciliations.
- Leading periodic inventory cost rolls collaborating with local plant management and accounting team.
- Maintaining standard costs of raw materials, packaging and finished goods including new products.
Applicants to this role require:
- Experience in cost accounting.
- Willingness and ability to deep-dive into details.
- Outstanding presentation and report-writing skills.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- US GAAP experience.
- Oil and gas experience advantageous.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team