Senior Cost Engineer - VR/28633
12-month contract available to join international service provider to the energy industry. The Senior Cost Engineer will provide cost assurance support to both capital projects and operating expenditure.
Reporting to the Lead Cost Engineer, the main purpose of the role is to provide accurate and transparent cost control and reporting by evaluating, analysing, and challenging spend for Capital Projects (CAPEX), Turnarounds and Operating Expenditure (OPEX).
You will also ensure costs are managed responsibly within the approved budget, capturing all expenditure and allocations accurately including achievable forecasts over the term of the project or work scope.
Key accountabilities are:
- Confident working with detailed WBS based cost estimates and excel based cost reports.
- Responsible for monthly reporting updates of Value of Work Done (VoWD) and forward forecasting including forecast phasing.
- Consulting with sub-contractors regarding invoices and payment applications with the ability to interrogate relevant systems to ensure accurate results.
- Highlighting to applicable budget holder and progressing project change orders, ensuring that the cost report correctly reflects the type and amount of change and is fully auditable.
- Ability to identify trends early, highlight potential increases and risk to costs to relevant budget holder and offer corrective measures.
- Assisting with the validation of variation requests from third parties.
- Preparing, scheduling and being responsible for monthly cost meetings with budget holders and PM’s.
- Ensuring efficient and timely closure of purchase/service orders in relevant systems including the technical and financial close of all projects and work scopes at completion.
- Previous experience in a Cost Engineering role.
- Familiarity with Maximo/SAP systems desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications at all levels in the organisation with a focus on delivery, accuracy, and support of all assigned projects.
- Advanced excel skills preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team