Senior Development Geologist / Advisor (Maternity Cover) - VR/22830
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Development Geologist / Advisor for an oil and gas operator based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a maternity cover contract position and it is anticipated that the contract will likely last for circa 12+ months. The company is looking for the successful candidate to start in July and they are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Senior Development Geologist / Advisor will be expected to explore for remaining opportunities within the mature Beryl Field. This will involve evaluating and generating new target ideas, planning exploratory development wells, generating well proposals, engaging in active drilling operations decision making, evaluating new well results and supporting reservoir engineering studies to evaluate base well recovery and effectiveness.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar Development / Exploration Geologist type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Experience of seismic interpretation in a structurally complex faulted field is essential.
- Experience with petrophysical evaluation and summation methodologies is essential.
- Experience with reservoir characterisation and with the building of textured Petrel reservoir models is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be expert Petrel 3D static model builders, as prospecting in the Beryl Field requires the efficient construction of complex structural models.
- Experience in evaluating subsurface risk and prospect volumetrics using GeoX is essential.
- Applicants should be accustomed to stratigraphic evaluation, through integrating information from seismic interpretation, biostratigraphy and well correlation.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to evaluate large data sets from diverse sources, including historical production pressure and well intervention histories.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team