Senior Electrical Design Engineer - VR/27571
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the Senior Electrical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing activities to support company projects and technology development.
- Designing and reviewing new and existing technology.
- Developing, revising, reviewing and approving drawings, control schemes and programs (software / firmware) required to communicate, control, and operate asset hardware and processes.
- Performing engineering verification analysis to assess suitability of design.
- Testing activities to qualify and validate equipment designs in accordance with procedures and industry standards.
- Designing, testing and deploying company technology.
- Liaising with other departments in the business to support the development of design solutions.
- Developing designs from concept through to finished product in line with design request and equipment technical specification.
- Providing design engineering support to the business.
- Communicating with staff and external parties on the application of any electrical, electronic, and programmable hardware, firmware, and software.
- Communicating group activities on the specification, adherence, supply, control, and consumption of electrical energy.
- Communicating and advising on the safe use of electrical energy to enable the manufacture and testing assets along with its connection, disconnection and consumption across all projects and operations.
- Creating quality designs, drawings, calculations and supporting documents in line with design request requirements.
- Determining the availability of assets and assemblies based on their electrical certification,
- condition of repair, allocation, and operation.
- Leading, attending and contributing during engineering design reviews.
- Assisting in the evaluation of product viability.
- Supporting engineering cost and delivery estimates for proposing development of new technology.
- Ensuring project progress is sufficiently communicated to Design Engineering Manager and key
- project stakeholders.
- Undertaking the role of Lead Electrical Design Engineer on company projects.
- Checking and approving technical documents associated with design development.
- Providing support / assistance in the process of assembly and testing of new products.
- Ensuring business and design development engineering processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring effective and productive client relationships are built and maintained.
- Writing technical documents and specifications for new and existing products.
- Supporting handover of new technology / equipment to Product Line department.
- Providing guidance &andmentoring to less experienced members of the team.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An engineering degree qualification in a relevant field.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Engineering experience in electrical / mechanical equipment design and manufacture.
- Experience with the design development of new products / technology.
- Experience with the design and testing of new technology.
- Experience with 2D CAD systems.
- Proficiency in hand calculations for verification of design suitability.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards.
- Offshore certification.
- Previous experience of working in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience within the drilling, solids control or drilling fluids areas.
- AutoCAD and 3D CAD systems experience.
- Autodesk Inventor experience.
- Hands-on experience with the assembly and testing of new technology.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team