Senior Environmental Engineer - VR/26479
Calling all Senior Environmental professionals! Great opportunity to join a leading oil and gas operator on a long term, PAYE contract basis as a Senior Environmental Engineer. This is predominantly an onshore role based in Westhill, with ad-hoc requirement for offshore travel.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, as the Senior Environmental Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc.
- Providing environmental expertise and advice to NNS Field Operations, Performance & Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction & Maintenance Teams and Geosciences.
- Responsible for providing support to site based HSE professionals and working with them on common objectives.
- Inputting Environmental objectives into the annual asset HSE improvement plan.
- Inputting Environmental audits into the annual asset audit plan through a risk-based assessment, looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
- Inputting into the annual compliance monitoring plan for the asset.
- Implementing the work programme for ISO14001 certification, including on and offshore surveillance/re-certification audits within the asset.
- Conducting monitoring activities and audits in accordance with the asset plans.
- Ensuring the Asset Aspects and Impacts Register is kept up to date and for providing the necessary technical input to operations to achieve this.
- Assisting in the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the following up any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation.
- Producing appropriate Level 3 and Level 4 procedures and related training materials for environment. This may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
- Liaising with Regulatory bodies (BEIS, SEPA, etc): permitting regime, regulatory inspections. Ensuring compliance with country specific environmental legislation and company rules in line with continuous improvement principles.
- Following up of environmental incidents.
- Facilitating accident investigation/root cause analysis.
- Accountable for daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, annual and ad-hoc environmental reporting for the Asset (internal and external).
- Managing preparation of Environmental Statements for new developments.
- Participating in offshore HSE meetings involving personnel from various disciplines.
- Trained member of the Oil Spill Response Group in an event of major spill.
- Member of the Emergency Response Team and expected to join the emergency response rota when required.
- Deputy for NNS HSE Manager.
- Providing work direction and technical guidance, checking work/project progress and setting priorities for the Senior Environment Engineer.
- Contributing to budgets and plans for work activities and assisting in cost control.
- Providing technical input on contractor / consultant selection in contracts with environmental management element.
- Representing company in industry committees and specialist forums involving legislative authorities and other oil and gas operators.
- Attending the daily morning call for operations (as per attendance rota), delegating when not available and sharing the information with the team.
- Ensuring there is continual improvement on HSE performance and that it retains the importance given its status as a core value for the company.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, i.e., engineering or scientific subject preferably environmental engineering, marine biology or environmental related.
- Over 10 years relevant experience.
- Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends.
- Representing the company at an industry level and leading/facilitating workgroups.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of country specific environmental legislation and Company Rules.
- Approved Environmental Management System Lead Auditor.
- Trained in Oil Spill Response.
- Trained to lead investigations of significant incidents.
- Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team